Three Generations of Local Development & Management

1940
Herman Paster starts Mayflower Distributing and contracts with Wurlitzer to be their exclusive distributor for Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota.
1948
Herman Paster, his wife Celia and brothers in-law Bert Getsug and Allen Nilva create Paster Enterprises as a residential development firm.
1954
Paster Develops one of the first suburban strip malls in the Twin Cities - Lexington Plaza in Roseville.
1955
Paster develops Sibley Plaza on West 7th Street in St. Paul to provide the necessities required by the new homeowners.
1955
Northway Shopping Center in Lexington is built with an Applebaums as the anchor.
1956
The newly built first section of Doddway Shopping Center in West St. Paul opens for business.
1957
Central Plaza on Central Avenue and 45th Street in Hilltop is completed.
1958
Southview Shopping Center in South St. Paul opens for business.
1961
Edward Paster and his brothers Donald and Arnold step in to help their mother Celia run the business after their father and company founder, Herman, passes away.
1973
Northway Shopping Center in Lexington is expanded for a 38,000 square foot Appleaums Grocery Store.
1974
The company begins construction on Mounds View Square on Hwy 10 in Moundsview. The 100,000 square foot center is the companies largest to date.
1978
Paster acquires Crystal Shopping Center at the corner of Broadway and Bass Lake Road in Crystal and immediately starts construction on a 20,000 square foot addition.
1982
Paster sells Lexington Plaza in Roseville, its first center, to reinvest in its other centers and develop and acquire additional ones.
1983
Two out buildings are added to Crystal Shopping Center in Crystal for a Golden Griddle (now Dairy Queen ) and for a Rax Roast Beef (now Popeye's).
1984
Central Plaza in Hilltop expands with an additional 20,000 square foot building. The rest of the center gets a face lift.
1985
The company starts construction on Lexington Plaza Shoppes in Roseville.
1986
Paster acquires 60,000 square foot Mendota Plaza on Hwy 110 and Dodd Road in Mendota Heights.
1987
Sibley Plaza in St Paul adds 43,000 square feet of retail space and the remainder of the center gets updated.
1988
Edward Paster works to co-found the Minnesota Shopping Center Association (MSCA)
1995
The company buys Crystal Town Center and starts construction on a second 45,000 square foot building anchored by ALDI Foods on the site.
2000
Howard Paster, son of CEO Edward Paster, joins the company.
2002
Paster completes 30,000+ square feet of the first phase of Lakevillle Crossing on 160th and Cedar in Lakeville.
2004
The company breaks ground on 76,000 square feet of retail space as part of Phase II of Lakeville Crossing in Lakeville.
2005
After numerous small expansions, an additional 47,000 square foot building is erected on the Crystal Shopping Center site to house a Marshalls and a Michaels.
2010
Mendota Plaza in Mendota Heights undergoes a total redevelopment.
2011
Paster acquires 69,000 square foot Cahill Plaza in Inver Grove Heights and an empty Circuit City in Minnetonka to be redeveloped as a Whole Foods.
2012
Edward Paster, CEO, mentor and friend, passed away unexpectedly. Howard Paster, his son, takes over the reigns as the third generation to lead the company.
2013
Upon completetion, Paster sells the Whole Foods in Minnetonka and purchases a 3 story multi-tenant office building in Minnetonka to be redeveloped into a mixed use retail/residential development.
2014
The company sells Cahill Plaza in Inver Grove Heights and purchases 7/41 Crossing in Chanhassen.
2014
Paster Enterprises rebrands itself as Paster Properties.
2015
Paster begins work on the company's new mixed use development in Minnetonka to be called The Shops at 1700.
2016
After an extensive redevelopment, Paster sells Northway Shopping Center and acquires Elk River Crossing in Elk River.
2017
The Shops at 1700, our mixed use development in Minnetonka is completed and opens for both retail and residential tenants.